Naked Ladies Beginning to Peep Out from Their Winter
We have these all over but they won't flower until late summer/fall. They flower after the foliage has disappeared - hence the name Naked Lady.
Brandywine Magnolia Shooting Out Its Soft Buds
Early Forsythia Blooms
The Forsythia a Bit Later
Forsythia in Full Glory - Breathtaking Rays of Sunshine
Purple Plum
More Purple Plum

My Absolute Favorite Flower - Daffodils
Joyful Ambassadors of Spring!
I think I love Daffodils so much because they remind me of my grandmother. She had rows of them at the farm, and she and I would always pick big bunches of them to put on the table for Sunday dinner. Then, when it was time for me to go back home, she would wrap some up in wet paper towels and send them home with me. I didn't realize it fully back then, but it was like I was carrying a piece of her love away with me. Thankfully I still have my grandmother in my life, but I live two states away from her. If I lived near her, it would be me and Savvy picking the bunches and bringing them in to her these days.
The Brandywine is almost in full bloom now, and it's stunning. I should have taken the camera out with me yesterday when Savvy and I decided to take our books out and relax on a blanket in the yard.
Kimmie








1 comment:
I see your daughter lost her 2 front teeth. My daughter's are being really stubborn and not coming off. Wonder if that is any indication of where the child is at developmentally.
Interesting, we have the same buds/flowers where we live. :)
Post a Comment